.: Inca Trail 4 days :.
The best tour to learn about Cusco and its history
Length:4 days / 3 night
Destinations:Cusco – Machupicchu – Wiñaywayna
Recommendations: Is recommended caps or hats, sunscreen, sunglasses, light clothes for hours in the afternoon sun and it is advisable to bring warm clothing, mineral water, fruit or something from the tourists' taste for travel.
| DESCRIPTION |This is one of the most fabulous journeys, where we cover the most beautiful archaeological sites and be able to appreciate the magnificent Machu Picchu.
| ITINERARY |Day 1 : Cusco – km 82 - Wayllabamba
Picking up the passengers from their hotels between 7:00am to 7:30am in the agency private bus, next we will go to Piskacucho town (2700 m above sea level) which is about 82 km to this town to take a train from Cusco to Machu Picchu. Then we will arrive at the entrance control point of the Inca trail, we checked in at this place, right after this we will start our long walk, we will cross the bridge and continue walking the left-hand side of flowing Urubamba River northeast of the Incas Sacred Valley we continue walking this side of the river. Next we will see and go by some flat terraces to get to Miskay (2,800 m ), next we go up to arrive to a tall plain with an ample view which we will see Patallacta Inca City (2750 m) then we will continue our walk through the course of the valley of the kusichaca river gradually ascending to get to the first camp place call Huayllabamba (3000 m) there we will have spectacular sights of the Vilcanota river course, and included the Verónica snowed mountain (5832 m) in all its magnificent view.
Day 2 : Wayllabamba – Warmiwañusca – Pacaymayu
This day starts early at 6:00am, after having some breakfast, we begin the more difficult and steep long walk of the day, that consists in ascending for an abrupt and narrow road of 9 kilometers distance. Through this climbing we will see the change of landscape from deep valley to high Andean grass covered lands arriving to the higher and more difficult to arrive at the trail of warmiwañusca pass (4200 m) from this place the trail becomes easier to do. Here the llamas and domestic alpacas that graze in the Ichu (high Andean grass) will be able to observe, and there is the possibility we will observe the Andean deer, and also some birds, next we will cross over to a forest area inhabit for various animals like sparrows, the Andean bear or the spectacled bear. We suggest that you take candies, chocolates on this day and even coca candy in order to keep the sugar level high against the high altitude. We will descend toward Pacaymayu's valley (3600 m) where we will camp immediately after 6 hours excursion.
Day 03: Pacaymayu - Chaquicocha - Wiñaywayna
We begin the most interesting and impressive journey of our long walk here, since we will move for a number of archeological places that we will see and we will receive the most information from the guide like also the change of landscape zone high Andean to high jungle. We will ascend from Pacaymayu to the second pass call Runkurakay (3970 m) We will visit Runkurakay (3800 m) archeological complex, this small complex is a small oval structure that would have been created for purpose of a lookout post. From here we descend toward Yanacocha (black lagoon) and then we will enter the cloudy forest we kept on walking to get to Sayacmarca (3624 m) that it consists in an archeological beautiful complex that consists in a semicircular building with various levels, narrow, yards and irrigation channels streets. We continued the journey to get to the third step the Sheltered Bay of Phuyupatamarca (3700 m). Means The City on the Clouds from where we will be able to observe a sophisticated archeological complex compound of water sources with solid bases Phuyupatamarca. This is the more complete and better preserved of one the archeological complexes that places in the highest point of the mountain. Through our long walk we will see in all its magnitude the art off building technique of the Incas more expressed in the road's design we will be able to see the rocks that fill the ravines in perfect order. On the road we will pass by an Inca tunnel and also see the impressive sights of the river Urubamba and of the inter-Andean valleys and then we continue up toward Wiñayhuayna (2700 m) .In this place we can find a country house with restaurant, a bar and rooms with restroom and hot showers. The archeological complex of Wiñayhuayna consists basically in an agricultural center with numerous terraces religious and urban structures, which is about 5 minutes from the camp site.
Day 4 : Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu - Cusco
This day begins early at 4,00am from Wiñayhuayna ascending through a not very demanded ascend on the flat stones that we find on the verge of the mountain cliffs to the Inti Punku (sun´s door). There we will stay a moment until the sunrise shows us an illuminate of the Machu Picchu citadel. From Inti Punku starts another ascends toward Machu Picchu direct toward control point where we will be able to store our belongings, backpacks walking canes etc. After this we begin our visit to the Inca city considered now as a New Wonder Of The World. After you will have some free time to walk inside the citadel or climbing up the Huaynapicchu Mountain from there we will be able to appreciate with spectacular sights valleys, Mountains River course that hedge the citadel in with Machu Picchu or going to the temple of the moon like also to the Inca bridge. In the afternoon we will descend toward Aguas calientes town there will be able to visit the hot springs were you can relax after the 4 days long walk. Here we give your tickets for the train back to Cusco city.
| INCLUDES: |• Picking up from your hotel during morning hours in bus of the agency toward the 82 Km. (the long walk's start from here).
• Entrance tickets to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
• Professional guide (English and Spanish speaking).
• Cook: Specialized in preparing the food guaranteed cleanliness.
• Porters (those who carry the, foods, tents, and the kitchen equipment)
• Foods: 3 breakfasts 3 lunches 3 dinners
• Pullback train Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
• Tents (sleeping mat, chairs, tables), Dinner tent , the kitchen tent
• Oxygen tank and First-aid kit
| DO NOT INCLUDE: |• Lunch and dinner of the last day: You will some have free time to enjoy the Inca city right after visiting Machupicchu and you can choose to have lunch in Aguas Calientes or in Machu Picchu. The arrival to Cusco is about 8.30pm.
• Entrance Ticket to hot springs (you can relax in the hot springs that is found to be 10 minutes walk from the village the cost of entrance ticket is S. 5,00 soles or US 1,50 dollars)
• Tus ticket of Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes and Sleeping bag.
| WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE: |• Basic first aid kit,snacks
• Warm top/bottom for the evenings.
• Hiking boots; runners are possible if you don’t mind them getting thrashed by the rocky trail and you have strong ankles.
• Wash kit, 2L water bottle and water purifying tablets.
• Cash to tip porters/guides, buy snacks and water along the way.
• Hat preferably something cover your neck
• Long pants or slacks, long-sleeved shorts and everal t-shirts.
• Rain wear (you never know when will rain even if it’s the dry season)
• Camera and a light back pack
• Insect repellent and sun bock (sun is always stronger in such altitude)
• Personal toilet items,a towel and toilet paper
• Gloves, scarf, wool socks
• A walking stick that should be covered with a rubber tip
| OPTIONAL SERVICE: |• Extra porter to carry your personal things (US$70.00 for the four days) one porter can take up to 18 kilos, and you can hire him between 2 passengers.
• Hotel for a night in Aguas Calientes, the cost is additional,and Sleeping bag
• Visiting Machu Picchu again on the following day if you desire, the cost is additional of the entrance ticket.
• Train (first class) Vistadome instead of the (backpacker tourist train), the cost is additional.
| AVAILABLE DISCOUNT: |• Students: (the students require an identity document proof, international valid Isic Card for students and they should not be over 26 years old).
Nantika Tours - 2009